Many unseen indoor air contaminants – such as volatile organic compounds, mold spores, smoke, chemicals from household products and many more, can pollute the atmosphere in your home or workplace environment without your awareness.
Call 888-217-2719 for an appointment.
In addition to the Indoor Air Quality and VOC Testing in the Costa Mesa region, we also offer multiple testing services in the surrounding cities of Aliso Viejo, Anaheim Hills, Brea, Buena Park, Cypress, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Niguel and Laguna Beach. We also provide several other air testing services like Mold Testing and Formaldehyde Testing as well as several others.
The items used in certain workplaces – like beauty salons and laundromats for example, use chemicals many of which contain volatile organic compounds, which affect indoor air quality and can potentially pose health problems. Contacting a reliable VOC and indoor air quality testing company to conduct a VOC test is the best method to determine whether the indoor air quality in your environment is compromised.
To see whether there are VOCs in the atmosphere in your home or workplace, get in touch with a reputable indoor air quality and VOC testing Company in your area.
How Does Indoor Air Quality Affect You?
Indoor air quality simply means the quality of the air you breathe in any enclosed space, whether at home or in the workplace. Your health is directly affected by the quality of the air you inhale – you may fall sick if you inhale poor quality air with a lot of various contaminants like VOCs.
Factors That Influence Indoor Air Quality
Volatile organic compounds, mold spores, smoke, and other air contaminants are a few of the things that can lead to bad air quality. VOCs are volatile organic compounds that can impair the air quality in your home when you use certain items that discharge them.
Similarly, office buildings often use workplace supplies like marker pens and printer cartridge inks which can release VOCs into your work environment and make it hard to inhale clean air.
What are Volatile Organic Compounds?
Volatile organic compounds are organic substances that are either solids or liquids which release organic particles into the air. These organic substances are mostly gaseous, found in very many of the products used in homes and offices.
Volatile organic compounds can impair people’s quality of life and impact indoor air quality. Although people do not pay attention to VOCs, or neglect their impact altogether, they are a component of the indoor environment that can cause severe health consequences.
Measures to Reduce the Emission of VOCs in Indoor Spaces
- Make provisions for adequate ventilation when using items that contain VOCs.
- Unlock and open the windows and doors to allow fresh air to enter your space.
- Rather than purchasing pesticides, try to use natural or organic pest management methods.
- Only buy products with VOC components if you intend to use them right away.
- Never store leftover paint in unsealed buckets.
- Unless specifically stated in the product manual, never mix household products that contain various chemicals.
Effects of Volatile Organic Compounds on Indoor Air Quality
Many cleaning, disinfecting, skincare, adhesive, and acrylic products contain organic components that negatively affect indoor air quality. Many substances (liquids or solids) release VOCs into the air which can negatively impair the condition of the indoor air.
Fuels consisting of organic materials can release toxic gasses into the air when heated to a specific temperature. These toxic gases lower the quality of the air inside homes and workplaces.
The periodic release of VOCs into the air by some household and office supplies can harm the skin, cause allergies and rashes, and degrade the air quality inside homes and offices.
Here are Just a Few of the Health Implications of VOCs
- Dizziness and headache
- Inability to move normally
- Skin rash caused by an allergy to certain chemical particles
- Hepatic (Liver) and neurological system malfunction
- A decline in plasma cholinesterase levels
- Eyes, nose, and throat irritation
- Irritation of the cornea
- Mental dysfunction
The period of exposure and quantity of the VOCs can affect the extent and nature of any health consequence caused by VOC pollution. Clearly the more concentrated the chemical particles and the longer the exposure, the worse the symptoms might be.
How Does VOC Testing Work?
VOC testing entails taking air samples from your indoor environment where volatile organic compounds are present and analyzing them for toxic materials.
When you hire us to do VOC testing for you, we will gather air samples from your indoor space and immediately send them to a certified testing lab for analysis.
When You Should Conduct Indoor Air Quality and VOC Testing
Consider contacting an indoor air quality and VOC testing agency to perform air quality and VOC testing in your indoor spaces for any of the reasons below.
- Immediately after setting up a photocopying machine or printer in your workplace.
- After purchasing and installing a piece of new furniture, floor, or cabinets in your home or office.
- After fixing any part of your indoor space with sealants or other building products that emit VOCs.
- Immediately after spraying paints in your home or office.
How We Perform Indoor Air Quality and VOC Testing
When you contact us to test your indoor air for VOCs, we will collect a specific quantity of indoor air and run the air sample through an absorber. Then, we will send the air samples to a specialized lab for analysis.
The laboratory consultants will perform the necessary experiments and test the level of VOCs in the air sample using approved techniques. Afterward, we will compile the data and draft a report, so you can act immediately to improve your indoor air quality using our recommendations.
We can check indoor air quality and test for VOCs in any location. We are professionals – so we will test your indoor air for VOCs always using approved methodologies.
Why We Are the Best in Conducting Indoor Air Quality and VOC Tests
- We are reliable and trustworthy.
- We deliver precise and accurate results, unlike some VOC testing companies.
- Our track records and customers’ reviews are available for confirmation.
- We have decades of expertise in this business.
- We are experts when it concerns conducting indoor air quality and VOC testing in Costa Mesa.
- Our years-long experience helps us to perform quality tests and give accurate reports.
- We are available 7 days a week.
We are available from 7.30 am until 8.00 pm to work for you, please call us whenever it’s most convenient for you.
Contact Us Today!
If you wish to test your indoor environment for VOCs, don’t rely on your sense of smell or preconceived notions. Contact us to run the tests and deliver the results to you. Our findings and suggestions will aid your ability to take action and restore your indoor air quality to healthy levels.