Considering the pollution influenced by various human activities outdoors, it’s easy to conclude that you are safer indoors. However, you should know that the air inside your supposed ‘haven’ is actually much worse than outside.
While the Environmental Protection Agency is actively working to protect the outside air we breathe in the US, it’s your own responsibility to ensure you have clean air indoors.
So, how do you go about that? What comes to mind first is conducting indoor air quality and VOC testing.
As well as Indoor Air Quality and VOC Testing Torrance, we also cover the neighboring cities such as Redondo Beach, Rolling Hills Estates, Palos Verdes Estates, Lomita, West Carson, Lawndale, Rancho Palos Verdes, Alondra Park, Manhattan Beach and Gardena. We provide a wide assortment of indoor air testing services like Mold Testing and also testing for commercial buildings.
Indoor Air Quality and VOC Testing – What it Entails
Indoor air quality and VOC testing are procedures carried out to determine how healthy the air in a building is. It can be for either commercial or residential buildings.
It’s important to carry out the indoor air quality or VOC testing as it pertains to the well-being and health of people occupying the building.
You’ll probably agree that it’s a more effective procedure to go for a proper medical diagnosis before taking medications than just taking pills casually mentioned by a friend. In the same way, it’s more effective to know what’s wrong with your air quality before taking any actions.
Do you need to conduct air quality and VOC testing? You are in the right place.
What are Volatile Organic Compounds?
As the name implies, Volatile Organic Compounds are unstable. This means that they can easily change from whatever state of matter that they are in to become gaseous matter.
They may be solid, liquid, or even gaseous compounds. Once volatile organic compounds are released into the air, they contaminate it.
Below are some common sources of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs);
- Aerosol sprays
- Air fresheners
- Building materials
- Cleansers and disinfectant
- Copiers and printers
- Dry cleaning chemicals
- Glues and adhesives
- Moth repellents
- Paints, paint strippers, and solvents
- Pesticides, etc.
Some of the common household supplies can release VOCs into the air and pollute it.
It is not safe to constantly inhale air that contains volatile organic compounds. These substances are harmful and can damage health, especially over longer periods of time.
This is why you should carry out VOC testing often in both residential and commercial buildings.
Effects of VOCs on Human Health
Constantly breathing in VOC-contaminated air is harmful and can be hazardous to one’s health. Below are some of the adverse effects of VOC-contaminated air:
- Persistent headaches
- Shortness of breath
- Sneezing and coughing
- Allergies and inflammation
- Irritation and dryness of organs in the body like the throat, skin, eyes, nose, etc.
In severe cases, it can cause:
- Sinus congestion
- CNS (central nervous system) damage
What is VOC Testing?
Volatile Organic Compounds testing is carried out to determine the presence and quantity of volatile organic compounds in the air. The test involves trapping the indoor air and examining it.
VOC testing is really important as it affects the health of you and your loved ones. Before the pandemic in 2020, VOC was not taken as seriously as it is now. COVID has drawn attention to VOC testing as it is an air transmitted disease.
Due to the effect that VOCs have on your health, you must carry out accurate and reliable testing. It is important to note that the best way is to di that, its to only ever employ the services of capable professionals.
At A-1 Certified Environmental Services, LLC, we have skilled people who are experts and specialists in the field. Our team has years of experience in the necessary equipment.
When Can I Carry Out VOC Testing?
No rule states that VOC testing should be done at a certain time. However, some prompts can let you know that it is time to carry out VOC testing or indoor air quality testing.
You should carry out VOC testing when you;
- Start to feel uncomfortable indoors
- Constantly use items that might emit VOCs
- Notice the effects of air pollution
- Notice that allergies are being triggered indoors
Benefits of Indoor Air Quality and VOC Testing
Indoor air quality and VOC testing are essential and provide a lot of benefits, some of which are:
- Shows the exact contaminants present in your indoor air
- Helps to prevent diseases
- Quickly curbs air pollution
- Helps to improve productivity at home and especially in office buildings
- It makes the building more comfortable
Tips for Achieving a Better Air Quality
After carrying out indoor air quality and VOC testing, you should endeavor to maintain the good air quality that you have or try to achieve even better air quality.
Here are some tips that can help achieve and maintain better air quality:
- Make sure there is adequate ventilation. This can be done by opening your building’s windows to let in fresh air.
- Use oven vents while cooking to avoid the accumulation of gasses like CO, which comes from burning fossil fuels.
- Ensure that you clean your carpets and rugs regularly so that they are clean and dust-free.
- Reduce the use of products that can release volatile organic compounds into indoor air.
- Change the filters in your air vent regularly. Air vent filters helps to trap air pollutants.
Reasons You Should Contact Us for Indoor Air Quality and VOC Testing in Torrance.
A-1 Certified Environmental Services LLC is a company that offers Indoor Air Quality testing, VOC testing, Mold testing, Chemical testing and many other services.
We are available to carry out indoor air quality and VOC testing in your local area. There are several reasons why A-1 Certified Environmental Services LLC should be your go-to business service when you need to get this kind of testing done.
- We have a team of competent experts and professionals with several years of experience conducting VOC testing.
- We have updated equipment to aid the accuracy and precision of our tests.
- We conduct indoor air quality and VOC testing for both commercial and residential properties.
- Our experts are available 7.30 am until 8.00 pm 7 days a week.
- We have a great customer relationship with our clients
Make the Right Choice
Now that you know what VOC means, its effect on health, and why it’s important to carry out Indoor Air Quality and VOC testing regularly, it’s time to take a step toward keeping yourself and your family healthy.
You should consider undertaking indoor air quality and VOC testing for your home, office, or commercial buildings.
Contact us today by either using our ‘Contact’ form or placing a call to 888-217-2719. We’ll schedule the time for indoor air quality and VOC testing at your convenience.