Taking good care and responsibility for your home goes beyond just providing food, shelter, and other necessities: it extends to ensuring your family is in a very healthy environment.
Testing for VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) in your home in the Walnut Creek region is essential to maintaining the air quality your family is exposed to. Because of the population size in this district, there are often cases of active wildfires in the area that harms the quality of air in that area.
Call us for an appointment at 888-217-2719
As well as VOC Testing, we offer several other services that include Indoor Air Quality Testing and Mold Testing. We cover we cover the entire San Francisco Bay Area including Fairfield, Concord, Vallejo, Napa, Venicia, Pleasant Hill, Orinda, Lafayette, Moraga, Piedmont, and Alamo.
Inhaling harmful gases such as VOCs and other pollutants released in the air by various means can cause severe health hazards for your loved ones.
Hiring the services of a reliable and professional VOC testing agency to perform VOC testing is the only way to know whether your home air quality has been impaired.
This article will explain in detail what VOCs are, why you must have VOC testing, and ways to reduce volatile organic compound exposure to your home.
What are Volatile Organic Compounds?
Volatile organic compounds, also referred to as VOCs, are chemical substances that contain gasses released in the air due to high vapor pressure at atmospheric temperature.
VOCs are found in our environment; they are harmful pollution released into the air from various products, both liquids, and solids, and are detrimental to the health of those exposed to their effect.
One of the primary ways to detect typical poor air quality in your home is when you begin to feel discomfort or recurring sickness amidst your loved ones at home or employees on your commercial property, which can result from harmful air pollution caused by exposure to VOCs.
Most people do not pay attention to the quality of air indoors, whether they spend more time indoors than outdoors. There are dangerous chemicals that are found in most products that are being used to maintain our homes.
Most products, both natural and manufactured, used at home contain volatile organic compounds and are the cause of some harmful health impacts.
Sources of VOCs
1. Paints, glues, plastics.
2.Tools used at workplaces such as printers, carbonless copy paper, and photocopiers.
3. Home furniture, wooden floors, and carpets.
4. Ceiling materials that contain formaldehyde.
5. Natural fuels, either as byproducts or as a product like gasoline.
6. Beauty and cleaning products that are made of vinegar, alcohol, or acetone.
7. Gas burning stoves, candles, burning organic materials such as trees and grasses.
8. Benzene is found in vehicle exhaust pipes and tobacco smoke.
There are other sources of VOCs in various homes and working environments that you must pay attention to as most of the products are used consistently around us. This is why you must contact a reliable VOC testing company to conduct VOC testing for your home or commercial property. It’s extremely important to protect your home from being negatively affected by indoor air that’s contaminated.
Why Consider VOC Testing?
VOC testing determines whether your home or commercial property is exposed to volatile organic compounds - it involves taking samples from areas affected by VOCs and subjecting it to specific processes.
No matter how tidy and spotless you keep your home and surroundings, your home can still be affected by indoor VOC toxins, so it is important that you don't delay getting your VOC testing done by certified professionals.
You can't get to know the presence of VOCs by odor alone, and it poses a severe threat to the health of your loved ones after incessant contact with contaminated air. Not all VOCs are harmful, so some people just disregard them, although even the ones considered not dangerous, when combined with other harmful gasses emitted into the air, can cause severe health issues.
Regardless of how low the VOCs level are in a home, harboring them for an extended period will increase your vulnerability to chronic health issues. Studies show that for people with health challenges like asthma when exposed to VOCs tend to have symptoms that are more critical.
Having these harmful gases in a home affects indoor air quality, making breathing risky for the inhabitants because it can shorten the lifespan of people when exposed to it for so long. And in some extreme cases, it leads to sever chronic respiratory issues.
VOC testing makes it possible to examine and analyze the air in your home or commercial properties. It’s a way to discover potentially harmful and dangerous air pollution and volatile organic compounds that threaten the health of those inhabiting the area.
Regular testing for VOCs in your homes and commercial property would reduce your environmental risk factor and help you stay clear of severe health impairment in the future.
There are signs to look out for that can warn you that your home is being negatively affected by exposure to VOCs: these include:
Short-term and long-term symptoms
• Consistent headaches and incoordination
• Watery nose, eye irritation, itchy and sore throats
• Allergic skin reactions
• High immunity deficiency in kids
• Cognitive impairment
• Liver and kidney damage
• Nervous system dysfunction
• It could ultimately lead to very severe chronic conditions
Formaldehyde is one of the most common and dangerous VOCs that every house and corporate property should get specialized testing to determine their exposure level. They are gaseous compounds that, once emitted into the air, the odor and negative effects can last a long time.
Ways to Lower Exposure to VOCs
• Buy only VOC products that you will use immediately and dispose of cans of used substances
• Allow enough ventilation when using products that contain VOCs
• Avoid home renovation while people are occupying the house
• Avoid smoking indoors. The smoke can hang on carpets, furniture, and other amenities
• Use comprehensive pest control strategies instead of buying pesticides containing VOCs
Why you Should Contact us for your VOC Testing in the Walnut Creek Area
Walnut Creek is located in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition to the Walnut Creek area, we cover the entire San Francisco Bay Area including Fairfield, Concord, Vallejo, Napa, Venicia, Pleasant Hill, Orinda, Lafayette, Moraga, Piedmont, and Alamo.
Here are a few reasons why you should hire us for your VOC testing in the Walnut Creek District
• We have a team of professionals and experts in VOC testing with extensive knowledge and experience in this field.
• We have the right resources to carry out our VOC testing accurately and have a track record of accuracy and precision in results
• We communicate these results in an understandable way to our clients
• We are available for fast service at a time that’s convenient to you
• We not only carry out our work in the Walnut Creek region but also in the entire surrounding region of San Francisco
Don't assume that your home is free from VOCs and formaldehyde - contact us today to get your VOC testing done and safeguard your home from exposure to its severe health effects. Don't delay, Contact Us to make an appointment today.